- Air Compressor
- Alternator / Main Generator
- Brake Hatch Systems
- Control System & Propulsion
- Cooling Fans
- Electrical Cabinets
- Emission Kits
- Engine Protectors
- Engine Starter Motors
- Fuel & Soakback Motor & Pump Assemblies
- Lube Oil Pumps
- N-ViroMotive OEM Parts
- NRE Parts Catalog
- NRE Power Systems
- Power Assemblies & Components
- Prime Movers / Diesel Engines
- Traction Motor
- Truck Assembly
- Water Pumps
- Wheel & Axle
- Contact Us
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- NRE Help
March 27, 2018
NRE: A Full Service Locomotive Provider
NRE is dedicated to locomotive servicing, to getting you back in operation quickly. Whether it’s our full line of parts and components for single-service offerings; our cost-effective, condition-based maintenance; or our Prime Mover Exchange Program, NRE will match your requirements with minimum downtime, and provide only the highest level of quality service.
The Field Services Department of NRE offers FRA inspections, customized evening service, 24-hour emergency service, maintenance consultations, wheel truing, flange cutting, hot start service and installation, remote control service and installation, traction motor adhesion upgrades, locomotive upgrades, load box testing, ring seating, major component change-outs, idle limiting system installation, microprocessor and electronic monitor installations, engine analysis, oil sampling, and damage and wreck repairs.
NRE’s metal fabrication department has broad capabilities in forming, shaping and fabricating all alloys and gauges of metal. Wrecked and damaged locomotives look like new with the help of special applications equipment and the expertise of NRE’s certified welders.
NRE’s state-of-the-art paint facility can meet your specifications or help you come up with a new design with a systematic, qualified process that includes cleaning and sandblasting.
By signing up for our innovative Prime Mover Exchange Program, NRE will supply a remanufactured prime mover.
NRE’s lease fleet can meet the needs of Class-I railroads, short line carriers and industrial customers. Lease programs and conditional sales agreements can be customized to fit your budgetary needs.
From rebuilt frames to ready-to-install truck assemblies, from new wheel sets and traction motors to rebuilds, NRE offers top quality from bottom to top.
NRE’s overhauling and remanufacturing processes will increase the life of your locomotive.
“We customize the locomotive,” said Mike Zerafa, AVP of North American Sales and Business Development. “If they want it completely overhauled, we overhaul it. If they just want it qualified and painted, we do that.
● NRE qualifies a locomotive by bringing it into Federal Railroad Administration compliance.
● NRE overhauls a locomotive by cleaning and correcting all mechanical and electrical problems per customer specifications.
● NRE remanufactures a locomotive by disassembling and distributing components to be cleaned and repaired, remanufactured or replaced, sandblasted and painted.
● NRE rebuilds locomotives to customer specifications for engines and electrical rotating equipment, including main generator, traction motors and fuel pump, also sandblasted, checked for wear, repaired and painted.
NRE services all locomotive diesel engines, gensets and power systems, regardless of manufacture, and offers emission compliant options that meet or exceed Tier 0+ through Tier 4 emission standards. NRE also offers a wide variety of NRE-added value upgrades that can be customized to meet your requirements.
NRE’s rewires and power electronics can improve the efficiency and performance of your locomotive equipment, and custom-designed cabinets and configurations can bring new life to any model locomotive of any age.
NRE electronic innovations include NFORCE, a microprocessor control system that improves tractive effort, and improves locomotive reliability. Currently installed in various locomotive models worldwide.
“No other system delivers power at a lower cost point,” stated Steven L. Beal, President and CEO of NRE.
Other NRE electronic innovations include:
● NCOMPASS, offering real-time location and operational information on mobile assets with wireless technology that enables all assets, worldwide, to be connected.
● NLIGHT, LED locomotive light fixtures.
● NGUAGE, customized state-of-the-art liquid level/volume sensors built on Guided Wave Radar technology.
● NLIMIT, a monitor that shuts down and restarts the engine during appropriate idle times.
● Independent Axle Control (IAC), an easily applied, tailorable retrofit that provides top technology, reduced emissions and increased power performance with a minimal investment and a short return on investment.
NRE's experience and technical expertise, along with its long history of solid growth and multiple service locations, puts this company in the position to handle any and all of your locomotive service needs today and in the future.